2012 C Factor Audition Competition contest rules for over 18 years old:
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by Showstoppers Promotions, and The World Deer Hunter Expo; PO Box 310046, Birmingham, AL 35231-0046. Entries must be received by June 10, 2012 at by 12:00 PM (noon) This promotion is a singing competition with an emphasis on Country Music. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. who are residents of the state of Alabama, must be 7 years of age or older. Individual must able to perform on the date listed in promotional materials for your age group. Parents must approve participation fior those under age 18. Only one entry per person/email address will be accepted for individual.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on Wednesday May 21 2012 at 12:00AM CT individuals can send a Youtube Video Link or an audio file (MP3 or WMV, Etc) of a Country Song to
If the performer is under age 13 then an authorized account holder would be responsible for sending the audition video An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. Along with the audition link or file, the entry should enclose name of the performer, Age of the performer as of May 21, 2012, alternate Email address and contact telephone numbers. Those under the age of 18 but sign a waiver to perform live on stage at The World Deer Hunter's Expo for the dates of the promotion.
Additional information as well as a copy of these rules may be requested by writing: TheCFactor@charter.net or going to "Contact" on www.DoYouHaveTheCFactor.com
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
CONTEST DETAILS: If you are selected to perform at The World Deer Hunter Expo July 20 - 22, 2012 on the appropriate day for your age group, you will be notified by email to the address from which your entree was mailed from by noon June 13, 2012. On the date of your competition you will be asked to be at the BJCC one hour minimum before performance time and provide our sound technician a CD/DVD track of your full length version of the song with which you wish to compete. If you are selected for the Top Five(5) sing-off finale', you will need to have a second song available for that protion of the contest available on CD/DVD.
Adults age 18 and up will need to refer to: http://CountryShowdown.com for information.
4. How the Prizes are Awarded. Twenty-five qualified entrants will have an opportunity to perform a song of their choice. Judging will be based on a numeric scoring system with a minimum of three judges/mazimum five per divisional compeition. Categories to be adjudicated are:
1. Natural Country Singing Abilty
2. Maketability as a Country Artist
3. Stage Presence
4. Audience Response
The Top Five sing off with have a bonus points system whereby by text messaging points will be added to the judges scores to name The "C" Factor Champion.
Over a period of five minutes after the final round, spectators will be given a specific number to text for their favorite contestant and there will be one(1) - five(5) points added to the scores based on a percentage of total texts received.
Adults will be scored on the system provided by Texaco's Country Music Showdown. Please go to:
http://CountryShowdown.com/Texaco/index.php for details.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that Showstoppers Promotions, The World Deer Hunter Expo and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that Sponsors may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose.
5. Prize(s). Three (3) winners will be named, one for each age division;
The adult winner will be sanctioned as the local representative to compete in the State finals held in Cullman, AL on Sept. 29, 2012 as part of the The Cullman County Fair with Live Band sponsored by Texaco Showdown.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Twenty-five qualified entrants will have an opportunity to perform a song of their choice.
7. Odds of Winning. Odds of being a semi-finalist depends on the number of entries received. Odds of being winner are 1 in 25 for each age division:
a.. age 12 and under
b.. ages 13 - 17
c.. ages 18 and older
8. Prize Limitations
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prizes. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. Any winner under the age of 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the competition. If a legal guardian accompanies you, your legal guardian must bring proof of guardianship. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification. In the event that a winner is under the age of 19, a parent or legal guardian must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the time of notification or the prize will be forfeited.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that Showstoppers Promotions and The World Deer Hunter Expo and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with the prize(s), however caused.
11. THE C FACTOR ™ © 2012 Steve Pennington dba Showstoppers Promotions. and Simco Limited. All Rights Reserved.
12. List of Finalists. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 31004, Birmingham, AL 35231-0046 between July 22, 2012 and August 10, 2012.